Hayes Meadow Organic Grass Fed Tallow
Hayes Meadow Organic & 100% Grass Fed and Finished Tallow. All Natural. No Preservatives. Rendered from the finest fats. 300-315g net in a 380ml jar. total weight approx. 520g
Our single farm, pure tallow is made from our 100% grass fed and organic beef fat. Purified and deodorised holistically to retain all the essential fatty acid profiles and Omega 3,5,6 density. We process our tallow in our organic processing lab/unit on our farm in Devon. We use a method we have devised over years of trial which is unique to us and give our customers our exclusive deodorised, luxurious and nutrient dense product.
It has a high smoke point of 400°F/250°C. Tallow is also high in Vitamin D which is great for your bones. Rich in CLA & Omega-3’s. Non GMO. Not bleached, deodorised or hydrogenated. An excellent source of clean, natural and non- toxic energy for the body and best cooking oil you could use.
Delivery is £3.50 in mainland UK using Royal Mail Tracked 48. Free shipping for orders over £35 within main land UK . We have various international shipping options based on weight. We ship in a recycled cardboard box, with exclusively paper/card inner packaging and tape.
Tallow was used for high heat frying in most homes and restaurants because it remained very stable under high heat conditions and imparted a good flavour. The switch was made in the 1970’s when the vegetable oil industry gained power and propagandised the (supposed) benefits of polyunsaturated fats.
We were told that these saturated fats from animals would clog our arteries. This was wrong.
1/Healthy Heart: Saturated fat plays a key role in cardiovascular health. It reduces the levels of a substance called lipoprotein that correlates strongly with risk of heart disease.
2) Stronger Bones – Saturated fat is required for calcium to be effectively incorporated into bone.
3) Improved Liver Health – Saturated fat has been shown to protect the liver from alcohol and medications.
4) Healthy Lungs – For proper function, the air spaces of the lungs have to be coated with a thin layer of lung surfactant. The fat content of lung surfactant is 100 percent saturated fatty acids. Replacement of these critical fats by other types of fat makes faulty surfactant and potentially causes breathing difficulties.
5) Healthy brain – Your brain is mainly made of fat and cholesterol. The lion’s share of the fatty acids in the brain are actually saturated. A diet that skimps on healthy saturated fats robs your brain of the raw materials it needs to function optimally.
6) Proper nerve signalling – Certain saturated fats, particularly those found in butter, lard, coconut oil, and palm oil, function directly as signalling messengers that influence metabolism, including such critical jobs as the appropriate release of insulin.
7) Strong immune system – Saturated fats found in butter and coconut oil (myristic acid and lauric acid) play key roles in immune health. Loss of sufficient saturated fatty acids in white blood cells hampers their ability to recognise and destroy foreign invaders, such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
Please make sure that the animals have been fed correctly on 100% pasture.
HEALTHY FATS LEAD TO HEALTHY PEOPLE
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 9 cm|