Packaging and Recycling
How will Hayes Meadow perishable produce arrive?
When you receive your Hayes Farm meats and perishable produce, they will arrive in one of our recycled cardboard boxes. We only use sustainably sourced and recycled cardboard. Once you open your box you will find a wool pouch
Why WOOL makes the best insulated packaging?
- Excellent for ensuring produce arrives in the best condition – at the appropriate temperature and undamaged.
- Proven to perform better than polystyrene – keeping chilled contents below 5°c for at least 24 hours
- Reduces the number of ice packs required
- Protective – snugly cushioning contents in transit
- Environmentally friendly – wool is completely biodegradable and compostable
You’ll usually find an ice pack in your delivery. This can be stored in your freezer to use again.
How will Hayes Meadow Skincare produce arrive?
When you receive your Hayes Meadow Skincare, it will arrive in one of our fully recyclable padded envelopes. We only use sustainably sourced and recycled paper. All our skincare packaging is fully recyclable.
How will Hayes Meadow Charcuterie produce arrive?
When you receive your Hayes Meadow Charcuterie, it will arrive in one of our fully recyclable cardboard boxes. We only use sustainably sourced and recycled card board. The backing board can be recycled with your cardboard weekly recycle. The vac pack bag can be recycled at your local supermarket bag recycling point.
Recycle & Up Cycle
All paper, card and cardboard can be recycled or composted. Our ice packs can be stored in the freezer to reuse.
Perishable vac pack bags can be recycled at your local supermarket.
Remove the wool from its plastic wrap (put the wrap in the recycling) the wool can then be re-used or composted.