Packaging and Recycling
How will Hayes Meadow meat packs arrive?
When you receive your Hayes Farm Meat Pack, it will arrive in one of our recycled cardboard boxes. We only use sustainably sourced and recycled cardboard.Once you open your meat box you will find a wool pouch
Why WOOL makes the best insulated packaging?
- Excellent for ensuring produce arrives in the best condition – at the appropriate temperature and undamaged.
- Proven to perform better than polystyrene – keeping chilled contents below 5°c for at least 24 hours
- Reduces the number of ice packs required
- Protective – snugly cushioning contents in transit
- Environmentally friendly – wool is completely biodegradable and compostable
You’ll usually find an ice pack in your meat box. This can be stored in your freezer to use again.
Recycle & Up Cycle
All paper, card and cardboard can be recycled or composted.Our ice packs can be stored in the freezer to reuse.
Remove the wool from its plastic wrap (put the wrap in the recycling) the wool can then be re-used or composted.